Sunday, January 31, 2010

What a concert!!!!!!







Awesome:
1. Inspiring awe: an awesome sight
2. Showing or characterized by awe.
3. Slang, very impressive.

That’s the only word I could actually think of to describe the concert that I was lucky enough to attend last night. The ticket to this concert was a Christmas gift from a good friend of mine, thank you so much P.I.C. From the moment Darius Rucker (front man of the rock band Hootie and the Blowfish) stepped onto the stage until the final curtain call of Rascal Flatts I was transported into a world of screams, cheers, dancing and the most absolutely amazing video technology that I have ever seen.
The audience in the Coliseum were floating above the clouds, driving fast race cars, watching a shower of sparks fall like a graceful curtain and that’s just to name a few. Both Darius Rucker and the group Rascal Flatts interacted with the audience getting the crowd as pumped up as possible. I swear even as big as the Copps Coliseum is, I would bet my life that the screams and cheers could be heard a block away. I have to say that I was very impressed with the Fiddle Solo of Oh’ Canada. That just about brought the roof down with the cheers, whistling and singing of our national anthem. Since this group is from Nashville it was extra special knowing they went out of their way to perform our national anthem in such a unique and extraordinary way. From the heartfelt song of Bless the Broken Road to the upbeat song of Fast Cars and Freedom, there wasn’t a moment when some part of my body wasn’t moving. This is a night that will go down in the “always will remember” shelf in my memory.

No comments: