Sunday, October 2, 2011

sniffle sneeze..cough cough

AAAaaaaaaaCCCHHHHOOoooooo………….was forcefully thrown from my lips throughout the day today. Yep, it’s here again. The dreaded……sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching….. all stuffed up…I got a cold season. Oh those dreaded minions’ of the common cold have attacked me with a vengeance. One minute I’m so stuffed I think my head will explode and then the next minute my nose has suddenly turned into a faucet with no shut off valve.



Gesundheit...........bless you………. and God bless you were chorused after the echoes of my many bouts of sneezes had subsided. My red and watery eyes matched the pink tinge of my nose as I smiled and thank all who blessed my sneezes. One of the people from the last rental I had today was looking for an escape from the high pitched laughing and squealing from the ladies during a baby shower he was supposed to be attending so he came down stairs in the hopes of an early escape. He heard me sneezing and peeked his head in the door to say “bless you.” As I have been doing all day, I smiled and said thank you. He then proceeded to explain the old custom of blessing someone when they sneeze. Apparently with his version it goes as follows…when someone sneezed, they were immediately blessed ("God bless you!") in the hope that they would not subsequently develop the plague. He also said that whatever word or group of words that are used, it all pretty much means the same thing. So…..while I was at work today I was certainly blessed many times….I’m guessing I have a very good chance of not developing the plague!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon my friend....it is going around the school here and I am trying to avoid it like the plague!