Friday, December 14, 2012

My Thursday Thoughts


There comes a time in one’s life where they have to say goodbye to things they thought would be around for a long time. It’s not always easy to say good bye to familiar things, but in this case I will make an exception. Over the last few months this trusty companion has offered me the warmth and comfort I so desperately needed. Yes…it’s time to say goodbye, as the old saying goes, “out with the old and in with the new”. If I’m to be honest, I could see it happening. I began to hear certain things that led me to believe it’s time in my life was coming to an end. I really didn't want to believe the things I was seeing and hearing but its hard not to when the grumbling and groaning grew more each day. There were times I was awakened in the dead of the night to its cold and frosty temperament. The straw that broke the camel’s back happened just a few days ago. I tried to adjust my level of comfort when I was met with pure resistance. Now I’m usually pretty easy to get along with but when it refused to give in to my desires I figured it was time to kick it’s ass to the curb so to speak. My warmth and comfort will now be taken over by a brand new and more efficient furnace. There will be warmth and comfort in my home once again!

Only 11 more days until Christmas and as always I am as excited as any child. I really do love the holiday season and with the entire gift buying out of the way and everything wrapped I really am enjoying the Christmas count down. I was out at the mall the other day and couldn't help but to smile as I watched all the kids lined up to see Santa. Some were screaming bloody murder as the jolly red man sat helplessly holding tight to the squirming child as mom and dad had the traumatic experienced captured in a photo. Other children sat eagerly on his lap and you could see the amazement in their eyes as they told him what they wanted for Christmas. As I continued on my merry way I could see a few not so jolly faces and to those I did say Merry Christmas.  That reminds me, I saw a Face Book sign that I find very true and to me it’s the least offending sign to date with regards to the different religions and cultures in the world
I have a Christmas tree in my home - not a Holiday tree
My family is getting Christmas gifts – not Holiday gifts
We will be eating Christmas dinner – not a Holiday dinner
I will attend Christmas parties – not Holiday parties
I will wish you a Merry Christmas – not Happy Holidays
If you want to have a Happy Hanukkah, then by all means I will wish you the very best one ever
If you want to have a Blessed Kwanzaa, then please enjoy it to the fullest
All I ask is that you respect my beliefs as I respect yours!


1 comment:

JoJo said...

Glad to hear you got a furnace; it's no fun freezing in the winter. And I'm pretty sick of the whole 'christmas' thing. I don't see what the big deal is about saying the traditional Merry Christmas. I consider myself an atheist or at least agnostic and I tend towards the Pagan/Wiccan beliefs or traditions, but it's just not December w/o 'Merry Christmas'.