Sunday, December 30, 2012

Good bye 2012...Hellooooo 2013


I hope everyone had a fantabulous Christmas. I have to say it was a very quiet one for me, but that’s ok. This was the year that my kids had Christmas dinner with their extended families. The next day we all got together at my oldest daughters place for our “traditional” Christmas dinner. It was a wonderful day filled with laughter, fun and excitement. The hour and a half ride home was rather hazardous since the first major storm descended on Southern Ontario about 30 minutes before we left, but we arrived home safely. I had a chance to meet up with a very old and dear friend and her hubby during the holidays. It’s always wonderful to see them and it certainly did my heart good to feel the warm hugs. We had a good time talking about old and new times over coffee at a local coffee shop and hopefully if all goes well with my job I’ll be able to save enough money to visit her this coming summer.

It’s hard to believe that 2012 is coming to an end. Where on earth has the time gone? This was certainly a year that I’ll be glad to see go. It was rather an emotional rollercoaster for me, but as I always like to say “I am woman, hear me roar”. It’s also true that what doesn’t kill you (emotional wise) makes you stronger! I have pulled up my big girl panties, made some major AND minor adjustments and continued on. I was going to post my triumphs and failures over the course of this year, but I changed my mind and decided instead to focus on the bigger picture I have begun to draw.

So as the New Year approaches I'm thinking of ditching the Resolutions and paying it forward. This idea has been circulating within my circle and I’m really thinking of doing this.

Choose a person in your life you want to help make a difference - a friend, colleague, family, partner, neighbor etc and do something every day of 2013 to show them you care... small gestures of kindness and thoughtfulness.

Send an email or a text, actually mail a card, whatever you think would make this person smile :-) and know you are thinking about them. This way someone important to you will have 365 memories (on New Year's Day of next year) of how you made them smile every day for 2013!

What do you think?

Have a wonderful and safe New Year everyone,

 and as Oprah Winfrey said….

Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.
 
 

1 comment:

JoJo said...

Happy New Year to you too! :)