*Stands up and walks to the podium. Clearing my throat and tapping a few times on the microphone. Smiling out into the vast world of bloggers, I continue* “hello everyone, my name is DM or Dawn Marie and I am truly honoured that Shawn from Laughing at Life, 2 has generously presented me with The Liebster Blog Award. There are a few responsibilities that come with such a notable award and those are, 1… I need to give 11 fun facts about myself. 2….I have to answer the 11 questions about me that were asked by Shawn, then award a Liebster to 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions. If they so choose to accept this award all that is asked is they continue to pass on this award in the same way. Tell 11 fun facts about yourselves; answer the 11 questions and then choose 11 more recipients to give this award to. So without further ado I’ll begin…..
11 Fun Facts about me
1. I love to write and often lose track of my time when I am in front of the computer.
2. I’m afraid of spiders, snakes and heights
3. I’m totally tone deaf but will belt out a song into the handle of my hairbrush like I’m Lady GaGa
4. I don’t cry gracefully and if I am seen crying I blame it on allergies (I don’t have ANY allergies)
5. I talk to myself and the odd time I do argue with those little voices in my head
6. I never tell a joke because I always screw up the punch line.
7. I was once hypnotized by an Adult Entertainer Hypnotist while at a Club and did some very risqué things that will haunt me for years to come.
8. I believe in ghosts and spirits but I don’t believe in aliens.
9. I hate being the center of attention.
10. I blush very easily and it’s not a pretty shade of pink, I turn a bright shade of red.
11. I’m my own worst critic.
(Not very fun facts, but eh….it’s who I am)
Now, here are the questions I had to answer;
1. If you could choose to have any super power what would it be, and why?
I’d have to say that I’d like to have the super power of mind reading. As a mother that’s a super power that should be mandatory!
2. What would you do for a Klondike bar?
Since my blog is rated P.G I can’t disclose THAT information J
3. If you could be any cartoon character which one would you choose, and why?
I’d have to say I’d like to be Lucy from the Charlie Brown series. There are a few people who I would definitely pull the football away just as they were about to kick J
4. What is your favorite movie?
My favourite movie has to be The Wizard of Oz. I have loved this movie since I was a kid. I still watch it when I see it on TV.
5. If you could be granted one wish what would you wish for?
I’d say world peace, but all beauty contestants say that so my wish would be to be able to spend one more day with all the family and friends that have passed away.
6. Why did the chicken cross the road besides to get to the other side?
None of the other chickens crossed the road and this chicken wanted to be different.
7. If you had the power to change laws, what would you make legal and what would you make illegal?
Make the Drinking and Driving law MORE severe. Drinking and driving convictions should result in a loss of driving privileges permanently. No exceptions. If people haven’t learned that drinking and driving is not ok by now, they never will and should be removed from the road with the first conviction.
In British Columbia Canada it is illegal to kill a Sasquatch. This should definitely be changed. Thank goodness I don’t live in B.C but IF I did and IF I saw that huge hairy beast in my yard I think I should have the legal right to shoot it!
8. What is your favorite way to spend your free time?
Aside from writing in my blog, I love being outdoors, camping and hiking.
9. What is your favorite quote?
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” By Dr. Seuss
10. In your opinion, do you think man has really been to the moon?
Well of course men have really been to the moon. Would the Government lie?
11. What is your favorite quality in the opposite sex?
My favourite quality in the opposite would be a man that can smile and laugh and laugh at himself.
Now, my 11 Questions for 11 more Bloggers…
1. What do you value most in life?
2. If you had to pick up and leave now, to move to another country, where would you go?
3. How do you deal with someone you don't like?
4. Name one Television character that you simply adore?
5. What would you chose, love or money and why?
6. If given a choice, what animal would you like to be and why?
7. If you were stranded on a lonely beach, what 5 things would you hope you had with you?
8. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
9. What do you miss most about being a kid?
10. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
11. If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be?
Now my 11 choices to give this wonderful Liebster Award to……
1. JoJo @ http://tahomabeadworks.blogspot.com/
2. catherinelouise @ aanditsallaboutme.blogspot.com
6. Diary of the Sunday Visitor http://ad1274895.blogspot.ca/
Grab a drink, sit back and stop by these remarkable bloggers. I’m sure you’ll enjoy them as much as I do!