Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy May :)

Now that the A-Z challenge 2012 has come to an end I’d like to thank everyone who stopped by for a visit. I’m rather new to Blogging in a world wide way although I’ve been a Blogger for awhile but always kept my sometimes weird blogs to a select view. I never realized how fun and interesting opening my blog up could be and being able to visit and read everyone else’s blogs. I’ve learned many new things and had major laughs as well. Thanks again and I certainly look forward to the A-Z Blogging Challenge of 2013!

Now that Spring is here, even though the temperatures have been fairly cold I began the long awaited renovations of the back yard. This is one project I really have been looking forward to. A few years back my father and other half decided that a huge wooden box garden would look just wonderful in the yard. I was against that project but it was 2 against one so one day while I was at work they began their project. It was 8’ long and 3’ high and plain old ugly. To me, it was nothing but an eye sore and I really wasn’t happy about it at all. The first 2 years this garden did yield some delicious vegetables, but after that my father lost interest and the other half never had enough time to keep it going. It slowly turned into a neighbourhood litter box and a huge stage for the dog to jump up into and look out over the yard like a king on his throne.

Well, the box garden no longer is intact and every ounce of the first 8”s of the dirt has been disposed of; I’m slowly filling in all the holes in the yard. I have revamped the pond area by filling the surrounding area in with more dirt giving the illusion of the pond being on a slight hill. Once gardening sod is in season I’ll be softening the look with grass and stones and before long the pump will be turned on once again. There is nothing more relaxing then sitting close and hearing the sound of running water splashing and rippling in the warm afternoon sun. I guess I’m really trying to bring a bit of the country woodland into a city setting. I can’t wait until it’s actually planting season. I have a feeling I’m going to go nuts this year!

So bring on the Sun and warm temperatures!!!!


4 comments:

JoJo said...

I'm not much of a gardener either. I loathe being outside doing that kind of work, esp. when it's hot out. It's just so much easier to go to the air conditioned grocery store and buy my veggies.

Judy said...

I am so glad my husband likes gardening and yard work, because I HATE it! So, thanks to my husband, we have a beautiful yard. But, I'm with JoJo - - air conditioning and store bought veggies are just fine with me!

Gossip_Grl said...

I am happy the weather is getting warmer so that I can get out in my yard. I have some outside projects myself.

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of spending my summer learning how to grow my own garden. I have everything I need, except patience.