Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Monday


Yesterday was a fantastic day to celebrate Mothers Day. I hope everyone enjoyed their day, I know I did. My oldest couldn’t make it into town on Sunday so she dropped in on Friday with dinner in tow. It was wonderful to see her since everyone’s schedule is so damn busy now a days. We had a wonderful visit and with a hug and kiss she was off once again. I’ll see her soon though because she got my self and her a bit of mother daughter time at a spa to have a pedicure done! My other 2 came down and I was able to spend time with them and had a delicious bar-b-que to boot! So, yes, my day was wonderful!!! What more could a mom ask for?....J


I recently read a blog that reminded me why I had to make a drastic change in my life. It’s not an easy thing to be an outsider looking in and believe me that’s how I felt, and yes I AM allowed to feel whatever it may be. A year ago this past March I felt the first poke of the knife that would ultimately sever any remaining hope I had that I would be considered a valued friend and or co-worker. Over the course of that year I searched deep inside myself and asked myself many questions. It was hard to hear my own answers but that in it’s self opened up the door to my own strength. 3 ½ months ago in a very hurtful and demeaning incident I finally had the courage to do what needed to be done. I walked away and never looked back. Oh sure I cried many tears knowing that what I thought I had never really was, but that’s part of life. I was asked if I ever regretted what I did and you know something, I don’t. It was time. It was time to make a break from all that hurt me and made me doubt myself as an employee and as a friend. It took a long time for me to come to terms with the fact that even when I didn’t agree I never turned my back on the ones I considered my friends at that time, needless to say that was never returned to me. So, where am I now? I’m in a much happier place with friends that stand by me even if I am wrong. I have no regrets!!!!! What a wonderful place to be.

5 comments:

Judy said...

I think the hardest thing to do sometimes is walk away . . . takes a lot of courage :)

JoJo said...

It's true, walking away takes a ton of courage and strength! Glad you did it!!!

Anonymous said...

That took a lot of courage. My friend is in a similar situation to the one you found yourself in. I see her getting depressed over it, and it affects every aspect of her life, but she can't seem to walk away.

Unknown said...

Nellie please tell you friend the depression isn't worth it. I have been there.I do hope she finds that door of happiness and walks through it. It's hard but it's so worth it in the end.I wish her the best :)

Tracy said...

Dawn Marie, I'm glad you had a lovely Mother's Day and when I read your situation about work, well, I applaud you. I encountered a situation at work about 2 years ago now and this year I have finally gotten the courage to walk away from the school I was in and will begin a new school in August. It truly does hurt to be an outsider with others compounding the acts that evoke those feelings.