Friday, October 16, 2009

Time Flies..........????????



I’m not sure whether Mother Nature is P.M.S.ing or whether Old Man Winter had a slight brain fart. Either way we felt and saw the effects of it. Yesterday we actually had a bit of snow flurry activity with the cold winds and it is only mid October. This is way too early in the season to see this. Last Night I didn’t get away from work until almost 10pm and hells bells it was cold! This morning I woke up to a very frosty morning. I took Bentley out for his morning ritual and almost slipped on my arse on the deck. It was covered with a thick layer of frost. I’m trying to figure out if the Global Warming we hear so much about has actually forgot about Indian Summer or if those two words have long been forgotten. Back a long time ago in a land I will refer to as my childhood, I remember the colourful and warm days of Indian Summer as being fun. Walking to school kicking piles of leaves and watching them scatter or trying to find the brightest colour of Maple leaf that was perfectly shaped. I live on a main route the children take to get to school and so far this season I have not seen anything remotely resembling what I remember. Now occasionally I do slip into my “Sometimers Mode” where upon I forget where my glasses are and search the house frantically not realizing I’m wearing them, but come on now, children laughing and kicking leaves as they walk is something even my mind could remember (at least I hope so). And to top it all off, yesterday while I was curled up on the couch with a heavy blanket and a nice hot cup of tea watching whatever held my attention on T.V. I actually saw a Christmas commercial! Come on people!! We just had Thanksgiving and we haven’t even put the jack-o-lanterns out for Halloween yet, and I witness a commercial with dancing Christmas gifts shuffling their way towards a decorated Christmas tree? If this is really what they mean when they say time goes by faster when you are an adult, to hell with being an adult. I want to be a kid again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lol so I will keep my eye on you as you walk from your step to the Jeep lol....not that you disappear again....