Sunday, February 21, 2010

Don't count your years, make your years count!




Well, after a relaxing night, a few glasses of well deserved wine and a good nights rest I am very refreshed and ready to conquer my day.
Yesterday was a blucky day for me and I’m not sure why. It was written that I was being a tad bit whiny yesterday. I’ll not point fingers but I’m sure a certain P.I.C knows who I mean (lol). All kidding aside, I know she was just razzing me and I hope she enjoys MY coffee next Saturday morning!!

After work yesterday I attended a Birthday celebration for a dear friend of the family. This woman has enjoyed 95 yrs and continues to look forward to enjoying whatever life hands her. It was wonderful seeing extended family members again. The last time I was in their company was when my dad passed. It’s always a great spirit lifter to see family, friends and loved ones on joyous occasions instead of the usual sombre sad times.

Happy 95th Birthday Dorothy!

2 comments:

Tina said...

WOW that is awesome>>>>>of course a was just razzing you....i couldn't resist. lol

Anonymous said...

95! wow...we can only hope huh? I remember when we first started using that saying "don't count your years, make your years count" Fantastic motto.