Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Working through my problems


Well, not much has happened in my little area of the world. At least nothing of real importance. Work seems to be going well and since I was working Valentines Day I was brought an extra large coffee from one of the regular hockey guys which was a very nice surprise. Monday (Family Day) I did absolutely nothing and boy it felt good. I don’t have very stable hours at work and they are spread all over the place so it seems like I am at work more than I am at home. Tonight starts an 11 day work week for me. My hours are sporadic but for 11 days in a row I will be spending at least a few hours at the centre each day.

I think I was beginning to enter into the famous “mid-winter blues” until I glanced at the calendar and noticed that in 4 weeks from this past Sunday is Daylight Savings Time and six days from that is the first day of Spring! This part of Canada has really nothing to complain about when it comes to winter since to date we have barely received anything remotely compared to say the Southern States of America. Let’s hope I haven’t spoke out of turn and pissed off Mother Nature but time will tell.

I still haven’t decided what the next item on my bucket list will be. I have been suffering a slight lull in my day to day routine, but I think it’s time I hike up my big girl panties and shake off the so called hum-drums. We all have those times but in all honesty, the more you wallow the deeper down you seem to feel. I swore to myself that I will not let myself go that low ever again and that’s a promise to myself that I intend to keep. A few weeks ago the subject of settling with what you have, verses what you want, came up and in all honesty there is no right or wrong answers to that question. In my own thoughts and again, this in MY thoughts it all depends on what one is willing to give up in order to have what they feel could be or would be the better of the choices. Could that be construed as settling? In certain ways yes it can be, but again it all depends on the person and the reasoning’s behind their decisions. Well that was kind of just thrown in here and that’s only because it just happened to slip past the little voices in my head and into the tips of my typing fingers. Who would have thunk that DM could multi-task without thinking about it!!!

Well that’s it for now fellow bloggers, not a whole lot but at least it’s something……..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that it is less than 100 days until the May 24 weekend so cheer up...Spring is on its way!
As for settling..that all depends on what you are settling for? I'd settle for chocolate over bean sprouts any time or Brad Pitt over Pee Wee Herman..the last one would be hard, but I'd adjust. lmao