Saturday, February 26, 2011

Some pits in the cherries are not always that bad

A few unexpected and very unwelcomed things have happened over the last two weeks, but I came across a quote that seemed fitting to one of the unexpected and unwelcomed happenings.

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours. ~Wayne Dyer

I did post a whiney ass blog but than removed it once I read this quote. It did hit home and I thought to myself that I am so much better than that. I’ve made a few adjustments to myself, heaved up my big girl panties and will go on. Oh I’m sure things will be tense if not a bit uncomfortable at times since it is hard to walk with a wedgy. That’s probably why I hate wearing thongs! Ok, that’s a bit more info then anyone needs to know, but it’s true. I’ve turned a few pages in my book of life and I feel good about it. The good feeling must mean that it was the right thing to do. Some times it really does take an anvil to smack one upside the head in order to take a look at yourself, see where you are and where you need to go. I have a ways to go before I can say I have done all I need to do, but I am well on my way and I do feel good! I have let go of some and have connected to others on a level that I never really knew existed since I became a victim of my own doing. Some are from my past while others have stepped into the gateway of my future endeavours. I am looking forward to whatever life has to offer now because I am now in control of me. Oh and before anyone assumes things all the ones I have connected with ARE females…lol Maybe I shouldn’t have said anything. A little bit of juicy gossip always adds a bit of spice to other peoples lives!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have read this one or a similar quote before and it is very helpful. We can't control what others say or do, but we certainly can take ownership of our reactions. Glad you are back on your feet and smiling again :)