Monday, April 18, 2011

The Letter J

Todays blog is brought to you by the letter J

J is for Just this and that

Not much has happened in my corner of the world. My Mother-in-law seems to be holding her own and that’s pissing her off. She has told us all she is waiting for that final bell to toll and it’s not happening for her. I have now refused to go there and listen to her while her kids sit with sad helpless looks on their faces. This just is not right.

Saturday my oldest daughter and her boyfriend returned from Las Vegas. They came by for dinner and we had a nice chat. During their time there, they took a side trip to the Grand Canyon. The pictures they took were absolutely amazing. This is one place I have marked down on my “bucket list” to visit, and after seeing the pictures and hearing them talk about the total serenity of it, I am more determined to go.



Last night I was going through some of my dads old pictures and came across one that really tugged at my heart strings. It really shows what sibling bonding was all about. It’s a picture of my Uncle Bryan sitting in a wagon as a child, holding a picture of my father when he was over seas. Even if the little boy was a stranger holding a picture of a man I didn’t know, to me it’s a very heartfelt picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture!