Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Letter U

Today's Letter is brought to you by the Letter U

U is for Upbeat




U is for Upbeat

Definition:
(n) a contented state of being happy and healthy and prosperous.

During my not so mature times I have not been the most upbeat person. I guess hitting that major milestone in my life made me take a second look at where I was and where I should be. I’m tired of doing the whiney thing and always blaming my unhappy attitude on everyone else. I finally realised I am in charge of my own happiness. Is my life perfect? Certainly not. Am I where I need to be? No not even close. But I will get there because I am not going to whine about my unhappiness anymore. I’m going to be more upbeat. Accept the crap that was dealt to me and turn it into “life’s little lemons”. I’ve burned some bridges and ended certain chapters in my life and now plan on writing new more fun chapters. I’ll let those that wish to dwell on negative things be on their own.

"It isn’t your position that makes you happy or unhappy, it’s your disposition." O. S. Marden

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're choosing happiness? what a novel idea :)