Saturday, March 10, 2012

Happy Weekend......

Mother Nature decided to let us know one more time who is boss. After Thursday’s temperature in the double digits it’s no wonder Mother Nature needed to appear again. Thursday was warm enough to walk out on the deck with a sweater on and sit in the sun to soak up some early rays of sunshine. Yesterday, well it was confusing to know what Mother Nature was trying to say. One minute the sun was shinning and the next minute it was cloudy and then a tsunami of snow flurries was washing against the windows. Oh well, Spring IS in the air and Day Light Savings Time is Sunday, so remember to spring ahead 1 hour before going to bed tonight!

Since I’m not working anymore, well at least not yet…..I have spent some time with my neighbour. She’s such a sweet heart and shoots straight from the hip. I have confided in her about many things personal and not so personal. I have been rather torn about a few things and some bridges I have permanently burned. I’ve ended certain friendships and although it was hard it was also necessary in order to turn the pages of my book of life. I was told by some that I had changed and for that I was told to remember a certain quote;

“When somebody says you’ve changed, it’s only because you stopped living your life their way.”

So onward and upward and cheers to carving out another road in my book of life!

I guess it’s time to get on with trying to complete my “Bucket List” since I really haven’t completed anything in a while. I scratched 2 from the list last summer…

1)     taking a vacation alone
2)     flying somewhere on my own

Those 2 were done during the same time so I scored high on those! My next item, believe it or not is to take a ride on the “Maid of the Mist” in Niagara Falls. I have gone to the Falls on many occasions, have visited all the wonderful museums, wandered the streets and done the cheesy “tourists” boutique shopping, but I have never rode the “Maid of the Mist”. So that is going to be 1 of a few that will be conquered by the end of 2012. That is if that attraction doesn’t stop running as rumoured that it might.  I’m keeping my fingers crossed!!!!!!

So here’s a cheery saying to ponder…I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

Nothing lasts forever….
So live it up, drink it down, laugh it off….
Avoid the bullshit, take chances and never have regrets….
Because at one point, everything you did was exactly what you wanted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Humans were meant to change/evolve. Rivers go stagnant if they don't run free. I have not been on the maid of the mist cruise so if you are looking for a ship mate...count me in!