Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunny Sunday

Wow, the sun is out once again and is helping to warm the dampness that seems to have burrowed deep into my bones. It’s supposed to be a good day with temperatures reaching16c. The nights are still supposed to be chilly, but we are still averaging above normal temps so that’s an added bonus.

I have finally come out of the funky funk I was in and I feel like my old self again. It helped having a shoulder to lean on and empty all my garbage onto that shoulder. I was never judged nor questioned and that made me feel a lot better. I’m just going to chalk everything up to the end of the winter blues and now that spring is here I can get on with bigger and better things!

I have seriously started to write about myself. I’m not being conceited nor do I want attention, but it is something I have wanted to do for a very long time. Oh I have always loved writing and have started many times to write about my life, but for some odd reason and without me realizing it my words become fiction and take on a whole different version of events. Maybe it’s the romantic side of my self and the way I wished things had turned out, but never the less it becomes fiction. But no more. I am starting at the very beginning of the trials and tribulations of what’s gone on inside the world of D.M. I have no idea how long it will take, or if the content will be suitable for public reading, but I will continue. Hey maybe one day I may become a published writer, but if or when that day comes, I will be writing the truth as see through my eyes.

Today is a regular work day for me and with the sun shinning into the office and the friendly faces coming and going I can tell it’s going to be a good day. My usual Sunday morning coffee was just delivered with a smile making it an even brighter morning thus far. I was told once that I seem to always write about my work days and I have no excuse to say about that. I don’t have a group that I sit and chat with while doing a much enjoyed hobby, nor do I have a place that I can go to weekly to offer my services to a cause that is important to me. So there for my blogs are irregular and are mainly about my work life since I seem to be here more than any other place. At least for a little bit longer. The majority of rentals will be ending by the end of this month giving me some much needed personal time. I think I have finally come to grips with what’s important to me. This job by far is not going to make me rich, and as far as Mr. Visa goes, he’ll be squawking every month whether I work or not. I have even turned down some extra hours that have been offered to me with no other excuse except I just don’t want to work them. My kids have all grown and moved out of the house to begin their own journeys so I have the house pretty much all to myself. Well, not really since the children I just mentioned seem to come back when they are hungry or laundry needs to be done. I just hope they remember me with good intentions when I’m old and grey and when it’s time for the roles to be reversed!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Woo hoo good for you.....btw love the new background!