Monday, April 5, 2010

A Wonderful Holiday Weekend




Easter weekend 2010 has come and gone, and what a wonderful holiday weekend it was. The weather was absolutely amazing and with having my Sunday off it was extra nice. While the other half was doing his weekly church routine, I was out soaking up the sun. It was cool but in the sun it was pretty damn warm. Warm enough to sit on the back deck in my jammies having a coffee and watching Bentley run off some of his morning energy. I was able to catch up on some chit-chatting with my next door neighbour and make plans for summer bar-b-ques. We both caught the rainbow that followed the slight rain the evening before and in fact a few of us had our cameras out. I was able to get a picture of the first rainbow of 2010.

Easter dinner turned out exceptionally well considering the in-laws blessed us with their presence. Along with the usual ham and all the fixings that go with it, I was able to keep room for a slice of warm blueberry pie and a scoop of ice cream. I figure to hell with the diet for this day!

My foot is continuing to heal although the swelling and bruising seems to be taking it’s time. I received an email that made me laugh regarding the pride that seems to get stronger as one gets older. Although we all hate to admit it, we are not as agile as we used to be. The pain we might have after taking an unexpected spill does not compare to the pride that seems to flood every nook and cranny of our inner selves. I’m not sure why that is, but at least my pride was able to take the brunt of the first 5 minutes of the pain.

1 comment:

Tina said...

ouch...wow you sure did a job on it....are you sure it isn't broken? I could walk on my ankle for a little bit two but it looked just like yours...wow...ok...you be better for Zumba on Wednesday....sure you don't want the crutches? Or are you enjoying DH spoiling you? lol sorry couldn't resist that one. lol....ouch...I feel your pain girlfriend.