Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What a day!!!

Today was one day I wished I could have stayed in bed with the blankets over my head. Instead I had to get up, do my usual morning chores of feeding my mini zoo and slowly get ready for work. I did think I had a bit of time before I had to leave, even though I was going to be leaving about 20 minutes sooner than normal. Well the 20 minutes earlier turned into almost 45 minutes earlier starting my whole day off on a rather sour note. I was half dressed and had a mouth full of toothpaste when I heard a beep in the driveway. I looked at the clock, shrugged it off and finished brushing my teeth since it was to early for my ride. I brushed my hair and slipped on my shirt and heard another longer beep coming from my driveway. This time I looked out and there was my ride. I frantically dragged the puppy out to do his after breakfast business, dragged him back in and slipped on my shoes, grabbed my purse and flew out the door. I just knew this was not going to be a good day.

Since this was the first day of the Tot’s program, I was expecting some tears and a few pleadings from the children as the moms tried in vain to leave. The tears were not really that bad and that gave me a bit of hope. Then one father, and one mother decided to stay for the morning, making it impossible for me to guide their children into a morning of play and fun. At this point, I’m not sure who was having the problem, the parents or the children. The morning finally ended and then I was back home for a brief period of time and then back out for the bi-annual Health and Safety training. Talk about boring! It was all I could do to keep myself awake. I did take notes when the Health and Safety rep, indicated certain things would be on the test. I did the usual chicken scratch whenever she said to, thinking I was at least alert enough to do that. Wow, was I ever surprised when the test came and everything she had said would be on the test …wasn’t! I stumbled through it and was relieved when I was able to hand it over to her knowing it would be another 2 years before I do it again. Then it was back home again to grab a quick bite to eat and then head back to work to do my evening shift.

The one hockey team I was hoping would not show up because it was rather early in the season for them to start IS coming so I’ll get home about 10:30. That’s just enough time to take the animals in my zoo out for the night, bring them back in and then fall right into bed. What an exhausting and busy day!

1 comment:

ME said...

Sorry to leave you to your own devices today.