Thursday, April 17, 2014

2014 A-Z Blogging Challenge……….15th of 26 Pet Peeves


My Pet Peeve for the Letter O
 

 
 
Good things grow in Ontario, at least that what the television commercial says. I do love my own Province of Ontario but I have some major pet peeves when it comes to living here. One major one is our Health Care System here. I know most people feel we have it made by having free Health Care, but just remember things are not always as they seem. Times have been tough all across the world and many of our Doctors have moved out of country in order to make a proper living. One can’t blame them but it does leave people like me and thousands of others without a Family Doctor. About a year ago I was bitten by a friend’s cat on my finger. It didn’t look serious but it hurt like heck. It did bleed a bit but nothing serious. The cat had all its shots so I knew I was safe. Well, it turned out that I wasn’t as safe as I thought. A few days later my finger started to throb and I noticed a small red line appearing on the top of my finger and started to move upward on my hand. I knew I had to seek medical assistance and since I didn’t have a Doctor I had to go to the public walk in clinic. Imagine my surprise when I told them and showed them my problem and I was turned away. I was told there were too many people in the clinic already and maybe come back tomorrow. I was pretty damn upset so I went to the emergency room at our local hospital and they in turn told me to go to a clinic out of my city limits. I was so damn upset that I just went home. I did the thing Doctors always say NOT to do and I logged onto the computer and started to Google what I could do. I did find a web site and read carefully and did what they said to do. I was lucky enough that the next day the red line had begun to go away and the following day my finger was 80% better. That my friends is the outline of Ontario’s Health Care System!
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Stephanie Faris said...

I'm in America and our health system seems to be run by the insurance companies! Obamacare has only made it worse, many say. Everyone's monthly premiums are way up and Obamacare costs more than what most people can get by just going straight to an insurance company and paying individually.