Wednesday, April 23, 2014

2014 A-Z Blogging Challenge……….20th of 26 Pet Peeves


My Pet Peeve for the Letter T
 

There is nothing better than curling up on the couch with a cup of tea and sitting down to watch a good movie on TV. I’m not one for the gory ones or the ones with constant killings; I’m more of the drama, action or love story type person. What really is a pet peeve of mine is when you are very involved in the movie and the questions start.


 
Picture this scene….. I am curled up on the couch in the living room with the other half watching a movie. Someone on screen is murdered and all you see is the hand holding the murder weapon. The questions then begin….. "who did that?". Or someone breaks into an office and starts looking through the drawers of a desk and they ask "what is he looking for?". Do they think that, despite seeing exactly the same amount of the story as they have, I have been made privy to some extra information? I always shush him and say I'll explain what's going on in a minute, but by the time I do that I have missed something important which really ticks me off. If that's not bad enough, I could be really involved in watching a program on TV when the phone rings. The other half will answer it but instead of moving out of the room when he is talking, he will sit in the same room as the TV and carry on talking as though he's the only one there. I have tried to do the subtle hint of turning the volume up and giving the I'm going to kick your ass if you don't shut up look but that seems to have no effect. All I can say is grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!


1 comment:

Kristin said...

Have to say I usually can answer those questions :) I also don't mind talking during the movie. Most of the time. I don't like the same questions in real life though - as though I know everything when I only have the same info as the person asking.